Grand Cherokee Winch Thimble
Proudly Made in the USA!
Why Use a Winch Thimble?
Smart off-roaders have known for years that a shackle is better than a standard winch hook.
We could write a book on the advantages of a winch thimble, but a picture says it all so much more clearly.
Safe? We don't think so.
Winch Thimble Details
The Pro-Link winch thimble is the best thimble on the market. Not only does it eliminate the possibility of your winch cable or strap falling out of the strap and causing major damage to a vehicle or person, but it is also beautiful.
Designed in the Solid Works CAD program and stress analyzed with COSMOS Finite Element Simulation software, makes these winch thimbles meet and exceed Rocky Road's minimum requirement of bombproof equipment.
All Pro-Links start life as a chunk of Keiser billet aluminum and end up being an engineering masterpiece.
Why Use the Pro-Link Winch Thimble
Here are a few advantages that the Pro-Link has over a standard hook.
- Screw pin shackles are up to 5X stronger than conventional winch hooks
- Conventional hooks are too small to safely fit both ends of a recovery strap
- Recover straps cannot slip out of a shackle like they can with hooks
- Hook safety latches are not rated for loads and can tear recovery straps
- Conventional hook surfaces add higher stresses to recovery strap fibers, resulting in decreased strap ratings
- Shackles can be quickly removed and stowed away until needed for winching.
- Hooks do not cinch neatly against fairleads and are prone to rattling and loosening
- Conventional winch hooks are designed for chains - not commonly used recovery straps
- Engineered, Tested, and Made in USA - Patent Pending
- Stress analyzed using COSMOS FEA and destructively tested for confirmation
- Billet construction - precision machined from 6061-T6 Kaiser Aluminum round bar
- 16,000 pound max load rating
- Fits all steel cables and synthetic ropes up to 3/8" in diameter
- Fits eyes equipped with standard or tube thimbles to 3/8 inch diameters
- 1.2 inch shackle tab thickness virtually eliminates "shackle rattle"
- Massive 5/8 inch diameter carbon steel double shear pin - 6Al-4V Titanium upgradeable
- Optional EPDM "Rubber Guard" protects alloy Hawse fairleads - rubber barb attachment
- Can be installed and removed in minutes - simple snap ring removal
- Cinches neatly against all types of fairleads - Hawse or Roller
- Beautifully anodized and zinc plated in the USA
Optional Winch Thimble Components